Wednesday, May 12, 2010

39

Oh gawd it was just horrible. I’m just driving and driving and I have the kids in the backseat, all three of them and they were bored all day and fighting, just making me and each other miserable and pinching each other and screaming in my ear and it was hot and everything smelled, and then the baby soiled his diaper and we were 100 miles away from the next rest stop and it stank something terrible so we had to smell it until finally we came got to a Shell and then when I tried to get gas, I couldn’t find my credit card anywhere, turns out I left it in the last gas station we stopped at it and some nice old guy found my new address, who knows where and sent it to me months later, well anyways so we’re driving and it’s dark as all get out and the heat isn’t working very well, and I’m freezing and the kids are shivering in their sleep and then, oh yeah THEN we get pulled over.

And the cop shines this flashlight in my face and I’m sure I just looked real crazy you know, cuz I was trying to get to Phoenix by the second, and we’d been driving, two days straight, no stops, well, he asks me to get out of the car and then Michelle wakes up and starts bawling cuz she’s scared and all and the cop just looks so annoyed and then he finds my heart medication and I’m standing there, about to fall over with how cold and tired I am and he says all angry

What is this medication? Why isn’t it in a bottle?

And I just break down, just WEEP and I can’t even talk but finally I say, it’s beta blockers, beta blockers for my heart and I’ve been driving forever Officer, and please don’t scare my kids with your guns and all because he took it out of his holster and he told me to put my hands behind my back and right there and then I’m so confused so I shut up because I don’t know what’s wrong, how I got here even, whether I’m hallucinating cuz I didn’t sleep or anything and he tells his partner to get the kids out of the car and makes them stand in a little row, and then calls for another squad car to come get them, and all this time, they’re crying from the car and I can here them but I just can’t say anything, my voice won’t come out of my mouth at all and

No comments:

Post a Comment