Saturday, May 29, 2010

57

Good things about today

Telling the man at the paint store that the paint color was OK when it was perhaps not, but noticing his furrowed brow, cracked hands and slicked hair and deciding to give him a break even if it means that I will always look at the walls of my room in not-quite satisfaction

Making my sister perfect. Finding her the most beautiful dress, the most beautiful sandals. Being able to take the binder from my hair and the bobby pins from my hair to turn her hair into a wonder. Assuring her that her legs looked fine.

Hearing that song on the radio, the one we sing to each other. The heart break song. Malice filled. The one we sing to each other because we are in love and we are helium high on it and heart break seems such a funny, funny notion.

No comments:

Post a Comment